Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Failed Experiment

I once thought that translating a language would better help you learn it.  I got the idea of learning language through translating from Duolingo.  Though I knew nothing of the program and had yet to join it, its video preview explained that users would learn a language by immersing themselves into it: forcing them to learn.

This attempt failed because I did not have the correct format.  Now, to prepare for undergraduate work, I'm trying to use Duolingo (since I received an invite now and can have access).  At first, I wanted to use it for Spanish, but now I'm using it for German.  It's cute and inviting, but I'm afraid that it's not what I need for the long term.

I've reduced myself to flashcards now.  Hopefully that will help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment